Saturday, October 3, 2009

From August 22st, 2009 to present: Day 42...

(...and the answer to the life, the universe and everything. ;) Can you believe it?! We've surpassed the month mark, and with hardly a peep from me in the mean time. Sheesh, I need to start writing again...which is what I'm doing here, I suppose. Sorta.

Just as a quick recap of the last 42 freakin' days... Scratch that. Too long! We'll call it a flash fiction instead:

Law School. Long-distancing love. Shaking dogs and twin roommates. Warm rain! The back and forth shuddering of every-10-minute trains, right outside the second-floor window. Of an immense apartment building, scented with every type of neighbor's dinner you could ever think to imagine. Care packages and birthday cookies; Stop 'n' Shop and Farmer's Markets and Sleepy's mattresses. Unpacking! The Bronx and its zoo; racing along subways; Van Coordlandt park with its football/track/baseball/soccer fields & its tennis/basketball/handball courts & its golf carts/barbecues/marshlands; walkingwalkingwalking anywhere at all. Beloved visitors: Mom & Sierra/Jared & Mike. Ridiculous trips: Virginia & North Carolina & Santa Cruz. Homework.

That's pretty much it, my story so far. As you can see, it begins and ends with my focus and purpose at the moment up here: Pace University. I'm working out the kinks to be sure, and am even enjoying myself so far (for the most part), in a sad, slowly graying, lonely sorta way. :P My roommate told me a few days ago, after it started to get cold last week, that she figured we'd have one more warm weekend before the mercury of the thermometer starts to drop indefinitely. I was like, "Wha...huh...eh?!! You mean, it's not always gonna eventually get warm again?!" :-( And she was like, "Well, it will get warm again eventually...you'll just have to get used to waiting in terms of months instead of days..." Oh yeah. That's part of the deal, isn't it? Ah well.

(Still don't believe it though.)

Faretheewell folk,
-LaW

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for you! And almost equally excited about the existence of this weblog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for NY!! And I am with Jake on the excitment regarding the prospect of an on going web blog.

    ReplyDelete