Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where are we now...Day 232 or so? Shit! But who the heck gives one, anyway?

And so it's way deep into the bowels of this experience. April, now, and 11th to be sure. How did we get here from there so quickly, I wonder? Not November by any means, but rather watching the coming of the Spring sneak forward. And oh how we can tell its arrival out here! From the rising temperatures of 67 to 91 in the space of three measly hours! To the bloom of green affording us a wonderland that has nothing to do with Winter, anymore. Sigh... If only the soft sweetness of superficial (change) were enough for me, now...

But it's not. And I daily strive further on to complete what I've started nearly a year ago, somehow. i know I'm jumping the gun, but it feels so much longer than that anyhow! Last week brought me dizziness in perpetuity, as I'd never been courted before. 'Twas frightful!! And today, since Tuesday, was the first that it's left me abandoned at last--and need i even say 'grateful' at all? Well I'm grate-fuckin'-ful, for sure. (Note for the concerned or curious public: don't underestimate dehydration, even when wine or liquor look you in both of your watery eyes...)

I'm applying for transfer to schools in California. It's not that I don't appreciate the exhaustion of newness--it's just that it'll only take me so far. And lately I've been thinking I'm already there. So as far as stints go...let's all vote for this one to nearly be over! (Happily so, but good riddance, regardless.)

Faretheewell folk,
-LaW

No comments:

Post a Comment