Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 260!? Just shoot me now, yo.

Whatevs. A mere five days and counting and then my final final of the year shall be a distant memory, drowned out by the sweet nectar of celebratory alcohol, i do reckon. Such a difficult task to not see that brightest light at the end of this narrow tunnel, and thereby keep by my side that bit of healthy terror that does wonders for my ability to focus. It's CRUNCH-TIME folks! And only now does it finally dawn on me how woefully nonsensical Civil Procedure really, truly, ridiculously is...

THERE IS NO GENERAL FEDERAL COMMON LAW!! What I want to know is, what cruel sadist got to decide that such an awfully vague sentence ought to dictate the entire evolution of "federal subject-matter jurisdiction", anyway?! Shouldn't all of us fresh new law students be taught not to revere such a lucid example of obscurity, but rather to strive forever against the temptation of delving into it? Even if it DOES mean admitting that no one in this whole gawdamned profession knows exactly what anyone else is talking about, at any given moment... I mean, come on now!! Whaddaya say we all up and grow some proverbial balls, my dear fellow jurists!!?

Geez-louise. But anyway! I think that's all the ranting I have time for. And now, back to the grinding stone I go...

Faretheewell folk,
-LaW

P.S. Happy Mother's Day!! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment